Terra State Community College honored its best and brightest students at the third annual Student Recognition Dinner on April 22.
“Next to commencement, this is my favorite event of the year,” said Associate Dean Heath Martin, who oversees the Office of Student Activities. “This year’s group of student nominees was exceptional, which made it difficult for the committee to pick overall winners, but that’s the way we want it.”
The following students took top honors:
•Rotary Student of the Year: Brian Shultz of Pemberville
• Student Employee of the Year: Patricia Lewis-Lee of Fremont
• Student Club or Organization of the Year: Phi Theta Kappa
Perseverance Award: Pam Aldrich of Clyde and Heather Cooper of Fremont
Community Service Award: Michele Upton of Bellevue
Commencement Speaker: Patti Ollom of Fremont
All-Ohio Academic Team:Shawn Boller of Mount Gilead and Josh Thacker of Tiffin
Others nominated for the various awards were:
•Rotary Student of the Year: Brandon Beining of Fostoria, Meghan Rich of Fremont, Patricia Hartman of Fostoria, Michele Upton of Bellevue, Michael Geronimo of Toledo, Morgan Salyer of Bellevue and Leslie Gerwin of Gibsonburg.
• Student Employee of the Year: Kearstin Mathias, Rachel Humberger and Ashleigh Kosanka, all of Fremont
• Student Club or Organization of the Year: Student Nurses Association and Medical Assisting Association
• All-Ohio Academic: Morgan Salyer
• Perseverance Award: Tiffany Kiesel of Tiffin, Robert Pocock of Clyde, Matthew Sallee of Tiffin, Connie Menard of Clyde and Heather Cooper.
• Community Service Award: AnnMarie DeTray of Oak Harbor
• Commencement Speaker: Arica Pfirsch of Sandusky, Shannon Hartzell of Tiffin, Shawn Boller and John Jadwisiak of Port Clinton.