To celebrate Earth Day and help remove litter from our area beaches, the Ottawa Soil and Water Conservation District, Alliance for the Great Lakes, Camp Perry, Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Friends of Magee Marsh, City of Port Clinton, East Harbor State Park, Catawba Island State Park, and Ottawa Sandusky Seneca County Joint Solid Waste Management District are hosting a county-wide beach clean-up.
All beach clean-ups will be held Saturday, April 20, at 9:a.m, except for the Magee Marsh beach clean-up which will be held Saturday, April 13, 10 a.m.
Those interested in volunteering to make a difference this Earth Day may register with:
- Camp Perry: MSG Donald Messersmith at 614-336-6269
- Catawba Island State Park: Mike Monnett at 419-734-4425
- East Harbor State Park: Mike Monnett at 419-734-4425
- Magee Marsh: Mary Warren at 419-898-0960 #31
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge: Justin Woldt at 419-898-0014
- Port Clinton-Lakeview-no registration required