Menu

Ottawa County Health Department Clinic Schedule for week of April 8th – April 12th, 2013

Unless otherwise noted, all clinics are at the Ottawa County Health Department, with appointments being made by calling 734-6800 or Toll Free (In Ottawa County) at 1-800-788-8803

April 8th

  • WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Clinic, 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
  • Immunization Clinic, 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM

April 9th

  • 60+ Clinic – Lakeview Estates – Port Clinton, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

April 10th

  • Family Planning Clinic, 9:45 AM to 1:00 PM
  • 60+ Clinic – Riverview Healthcare Campus, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
  • Immunization Satellite Clinic – Genoa St. John UCC, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
  • TB Clinic (No appointment necessary), 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM

April 11th

  • Well Child, STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) and Family Planning Clinic, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM

April 12th

  • TB Clinic (No appointment necessary), 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM

For home health please call (419) 734-6800. Speakers are available for your group by calling the Ottawa County Health Department at 419-734-6800 or toll free (in Ottawa County) at 1-800-788-8803.

Read more...

Redskins boys begin tennis season with victory

Port Clinton traveled to Tiffin Columbian for a match on Monday 4/1.   Port Clinton won 5 - 0.  Winning at 1st singles was Matteus Rodriguez (PC) over Nick Gaietto (TC) 6-1, 6-2.  Winning at 2nd singles was Noah Cross (PC) over Braden Kuhn (TC) 6-2, 6-2.  Winning at 3rd singles was Max Mercurio (PC) over Austin Crabtree 6-4, 6-1.  At 1st Doubles Matthew Fillmore/Jeff Griffin (PC) over Mason McCool/John Obringer (TC) 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-0.  At 2nd Doubles Leandro Papa/Ryan Norgard (PC) over Brandon Berry/Hunter Stark (TC) 1-6, 7-5, 7-6(5).  The doubles matches were very hard fought and back and forth all afternoon.  Port Clinton Stands at 1 - 0, Tiffin Columbian 0 -1.  This was a non-conference match.

Read more...

Easter Sunday morning

The churches of the county were dressed in their finest linens and festooned with lilies and spring flowers on Easter Sunday morning. 

The congregation of Marblehead’s First United Church of Christ processed to the lakefront for a near-sunrise service on the cool morning. The worship service, led by Rev. Kay Cox, featured guitar music and candle-lighting to welcome the Light of Easter morning.

St. John’s Lutheran Church, Marblehead

 

Read more...

Easter Egg Saturday

On Saturday morning thousands of pastel plastic eggs were scattered over the lawns, parks and grounds of Ottawa County. By mid-afternoon, most had been harvested by treasurer-seeking children.

In Port Clinton at 10 a.m. over 250 basket and bucket toting youngsters and their entourages fanned out across the courthouse lawn. In a matter of minutes, the lawn was swept clean, and lines gathered for photos with and additional treats from the Easter Bunny. As a bonus, the fire truck that brought the Bunny was available for climbing on and in. The hunt was sponsored by the Port Clinton Recreation Department.

Read more...

Woodson honored as “The Best of the Best”

Sharon D. Woodson, CRS, has recently been congratulated by Chairman and CEO Howard W. Hanna III as “The Best of the Best”, for being #1 in the Catawba Office of Howard Hanna. Woodson also received the Certificate of Excellence as the 2012 West Region Listing Leader and the Certificate of Excellence as the 2012 Mega Million Dollar Producer awards. 

Woodson ranks in the top 1% of America’s 4th largest real estate company out of more than 4,000 colleagues and also has been awarded the prestigious Award of Distinction for 2012.

Sharon Woodson will be honored for her success during the annual Howard Hanna Awards getaway in Montego Bay, Jamaica, this year. 

Woodson ranks in the top 3% of Residential Sales in the U.S. and in the top 1% of Residential Sales in Ohio with over 22 years of consistent success providing value and excellence in service in Vacationland with over $143,000,000 in total sales.

Woodson can be reached directly at 419-732-3020 or at www.sharonwoodson.com.

Read more...

Tri-Motor Sales awarded Ford Motor Company President’s Award

Tri-Motor Sales of Oak Harbor is among an elite group of Ford and Lincoln dealerships to be recognized with the 2012 President’s Award by Ford Motor Company. The prestigious award honors dealerships that have excelled in automotive retailing in 2012 by providing exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

“Earning this award is a reflection of our entire staff’s commitment to delivering the best customer experience possible” says Tri-Motors’ owner David Franck. “I couldn’t be more proud to receive this recognition, especially since it comes from the people we value most, our customers. They’re the reason we were able to achieve this award.”

Read more...

The Tin Goose flies again

Island Airlines and the 1929 Ford Tri-Motor “Tin Goose” are flying once again out of  Keller Field /Erie Ottawa County Airport to provide air service to Lake Erie’s Western Islands as it did between 1933 and 1985.

Members of the Tri-Motor Heritage Foundation recently climbed into the Flight Simulators at the Liberty Aviation Museum and experienced a virtual flight of the famous airlines tradition route to the islands.  Some of the members who actually flew the original planes on a few occasions marveled at the 360 degree high tech simulation.

Between now and April 7th the Flight Simulators will be on hand to allow visitors a chance to fly the Tin Goose, a P-51 Mustang and others as time permits.

For more information contact the museum at (419) 732-0234, or visit www.libertyaviationmuseum.org.

Read more...

St. John Lutheran in Rocky Ridge Celebrates 125 Years

Quasquicentennial – it's not a word that rolls easily off anyone's tongue, but it is an appropriate description of the upcoming celebration at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in Rocky Ridge. The church is located about four miles west of Oak Harbor. On Sunday, April 7, the church will celebrate its 125th year, the quasquicentennial of its birth in 1888. On April 8th of that year, the St. John parish first known by the German name “Evangelische – Lutherische St, Johannes Gemeinde” was organized by twenty-four charter members under the leadership of the Reverend Samuel Kusthardt. 

On November 5, 1888, a frame building constructed using material and labor largely donated by its members was dedicated. Just over two months after the dedication, fire completely destroyed the building. However, the members were not discouraged, as even with their humble means they began the construction of a brick building that very spring. In October of that year, less than twelve months after the dedication of the original church, the new brick building was dedicated. This structure served as the church's home until it moved into its present sanctuary less than a mile away in 1967.

Read more...

Sixth Street reconstruction in Port Clinton

Bids for the reconstruction of Sixth Street from Harrison Street to Fulton Street in Port Clinton will be opened Thursday, April 4th.  The project includes reconstruction of the road base with the proper under drains provided, some additional catch basins for storm water collection, new pavement at a width of thirty-four feet, new curbs with the replacement of some of the existing sidewalks. All driveway approaches will be reconstructed using concrete. A new waterline is also being installed as part of the project.

Read more...
Subscribe to this RSS feed