A“Women in Conservation” series is starting up in Ottawa County. Ottawa Soil and Water Conservation District — in cooperation with Winous Point Marsh Conservancy, ODNR Division of Wildlife, Oak Harbor Conservation Club, Schedel Arboretum & Gardens and Opie’s BBQ — invite women to join in from 6 to 8 p.m. the third Wednesday of every month from May through September.
The topics for each session are:
• May 16 — Birding identification and nature hike at Winous Point Marsh Conservancy
• June 20 — Shooting / Archery at Oak Harbor Conservation Club
• July 18 — Wild game cooking and wine tasting at Winous Point Marsh Conservancy
• Aug. 15 — Pressed flowers at Schedel Gardens
• Sept. 19 — Life in the marsh at Winous Point Marsh Conservancy
Each session will provide light refreshments, an opportunity to talk with experts in their field, socializing with other women interested in the outdoors and fun.
Each session is $25, however if you sign up for all five the total cost is $100. Sessions are limited to 15 participants so sign up soon!! If you are interested in attending, call 419-898-1595.