Those who like to sew are invited to gather Saturday, Sept. 21st, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Community Room of Ida Rupp Public Library, 310 Madison Street in Port Clinton, to sew pillowcases for kids hospitalized here in Northwest Ohio.
ConKerr Cancer is a national organization of volunteers that put together fun fabric pillowcases for children who are in-patients at hospitals. The Northwest Ohio chapter serves children at Toledo & Mercy Children’s Hospital.
Everyone who likes to sew is invited and encouraged to attend and bring their sewing machine and basic sewing supplies. Fabric will be provided. Lunch is being provided by the Port Clinton Pizza Hut.
The event is being coordinated by Catawba Island resident Linda Peiffer, who also serves as the Northwest Ohio coordinator of ConKerr Cancer. Peiffer can be reached by calling 419-619-9071.
As of August 1st, more than 5000+ pillowcases have been made and given to hospitalized kids here in Northwest Ohio.
- Special meeting of council held for presentation by Washington Properties
- Immaculate Conception Preschool open houses March 12 and 16
- Port Clinton City Schools Announces Terrific Kids for February 2014
- Edgewood Manor welcomes new Facility Rehabilitation Director
- Toledo Symphony Brass Quintet free concerts