Port Clinton’s Zink Calls is among the finalists for the Excellence in Entrepreneurship. The presentation of the fourth annual award — sponsored by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce — will take place on Tuesday, May 15, at the Southern Theatre in downtown Columbus. The award will be presented during the Ohio Chamber of Commerce annual meeting and legislative eeception, which begins at 3:30 p.m. As in years past, the award winner will receive a check for $25,000 and new this year Ricart Ford of Columbus will also present a 24-month lease on a 2012 Ford Fiesta.
This award is designed to identify, honor and financially assist a company in Ohio that is demonstrating the historical innovative spirit of our state. The award recipient best demonstrates this entrepreneurial spirit through a recently introduced or pending introduction of a unique product or service that will have the ability to sustain long-term growth for the company, increase local employment and assist in the creation of economic prosperity within the state.
“In honor of our state’s history of innovators and entrepreneurs, the Ohio Chamber of Commerce created this award to recognize those who continue to take considerable initiative and risk in creating new products and services,” explained President and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Andrew E. Doehrel. “As the state’s oldest and most diverse business group, we continue to support the endeavors of Ohio business people through this award as well as our continued business advocacy. This year’s nominees are all excellent examples of the innovative spirit that resides in Ohio’s historic past.”
Local chambers of commerce submitted nominations early this spring. From those nominees, 17 were selected to compete for the award. An award committee, made up of members from the Ohio Chamber’s board of directors, will review the detailed applications and select the winner who will be announced on May 15. The local chamber that nominated this year’s winner will receive $1,000 in recognition of their work for nominating an award-winning company.
The finalists for this year’s Ohio Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award and the local chambers that nominated them are:
• Accel, Inc., of New Albany, nominated by the New Albany Chamber of Commerce
• American Trim LLC of Lima, nominated by the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce
• Allvera Body Wrap & Wellness Center of Pickerington, nominated by the Pickerington Area Chamber of Commerce
• Ball Bounce and Sport, Inc., of Ashland, nominated by the Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce
• Data Recovery Services of Youngstown, nominated by Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce
• Designing Digitally, Inc., of Franklin, nominated by the Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce
• e-Cycle, LLC of Hilliard, nominated by the Columbus Chamber of Commerce
• Health Spot of Dublin, nominated by the Dublin Chamber of Commerce
• Hord Livestock of Bucyrus, nominated by the Bucyrus Area Chamber of Commerce
• Ithaca Gun Company of Upper Sandusky, nominated by the Upper Sandusky Area Chamber of Commerce
• Marion Intermodal of Marion, nominated by the Marion Area Chamber of Commerce
• Mosquito Squad of South Dayton of Centerville, nominated by the South Metro Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Polymera of Hebron, nominated by the Licking County Chamber of Commerce
• Sarica &Hughey/Phillips of Urbana, nominated by the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce
• Spire Institute of Geneva, nominated by the Ashtabula Chamber of Commerce and the Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce
• US Endoscopy of Mentor, nominated by the Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce
• Zink Calls, Inc., of Port Clinton, nominated by the Port Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce
For information on the Ohio Chamber of Commerce annual meeting and legislative reception, visit the Ohio Chamber’s website at www.ohiochamber.com.