In accordance with Ohio State law (Revised Code section 173.47), the Ohio Department of Aging conducts biennial Resident Satisfaction Surveys at licensed and/or certified long-term care facilities. The purpose of the survey is:
• To increase facility awareness of resident perspectives of their services.
• To provide facilities with information for quality improvement activities.
• To provide resident satisfaction information on the Long-term Care Consumer Guide (www.ltcohio.org).
• In addition, the nursing facility scores may be included in a quality incentive formula that will impact facilities’ Medicaid reimbursement rate.
The Resident survey results and the Long-Term Care Consumer Guide provide information about nursing homes and assisted living facilities to help consumers, family members and professionals search for the appropriate facility to meet an individual’s needs.
Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices is pleased to report of the nearly 900 facilities evaluated:
• Otterbein’s North Shore Lifestyle Community in Lakeside-Marblehead is rated the number 1 facility in the state of Ohio
• Three Otterbein locations, Lifestyle Communities in North Shore and Portage Valley, and the Skilled Nursing and Rehab Neighborhood in Monclova, are rated in the top 15 facilities throughout the state.
• The average satisfaction rating for all 10 Otterbein locations is over 93 percent, and a full 7 percent above the state-wide average; and a score that exceeds the scores of 92 percent of the individual participating facilities.
• 100 percent of Otterbein’s 10 statewide locations exceeded the overall quality incentive threshold, as defined by the state of Ohio.
Jill Hreben, President/CEO of Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices is thrilled with the results, and offered “sincere congratulations to all Otterbein partners (employees) for yielding outstanding results and focusing on Otterbein’s most important priority — the lives of the elders we serve. The recent ODA quality results serve as reinforcement that Otterbein continues to make outstanding progress toward our mission – In keeping with our United Methodist traditions, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons.
“I’m particularly thrilled with the performance of Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices in regard to resident’s opinions on the choice they have when in the care of an Otterbein community. Otterbein locations averaged nearly 95 percent satisfaction rating with the life choices Otterbein provides. The rating is almost 8 percent above the industry average – proof our strategic goal of liberating elders and those who serve them from the mindset of institutional care is working, and supportive of our belief everyone is entitled to a lifestyle of their own choosing, no matter what care and services are needed!”
Additional information regarding Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices is available at www.otterbein.org or by calling 513-933-5400.