A group of Port Clinton parents and community members have identified the need for a place for teens to hang out. The location has been secured for The Spot Teen Club, which will offer free tutoring, study tables and teen-organized dance parties and concerts on weekends. Latoya Kleinhans, owner of Papa Jimmies BBQ and Pizza on Madison Street in downtown Port Clinton, is spearheading the opening of The Spot at 123 Madison Street, next to Mary's Blossom Shop.
According to Kleinhaus there is much work to do and funds need to be raised to reach the goal of opening on May 1. Therefore she has opened a fundraiser account through www.youcaring.com for nonprofits. All funds are directly deposited into The Spot Teen Club account.
For information or to donate, contact Kleinhaus at Papa Jimmies at 419-301-3663, or donate through www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/help-the-spot-teen-club/52916
- Special meeting of council held for presentation by Washington Properties
- Immaculate Conception Preschool open houses March 12 and 16
- Port Clinton City Schools Announces Terrific Kids for February 2014
- Edgewood Manor welcomes new Facility Rehabilitation Director
- Toledo Symphony Brass Quintet free concerts