Menu

Sixth Street reconstruction in Port Clinton

Bids for the reconstruction of Sixth Street from Harrison Street to Fulton Street in Port Clinton will be opened Thursday, April 4th.  The project includes reconstruction of the road base with the proper under drains provided, some additional catch basins for storm water collection, new pavement at a width of thirty-four feet, new curbs with the replacement of some of the existing sidewalks. All driveway approaches will be reconstructed using concrete. A new waterline is also being installed as part of the project.

The construction will occur this summer and plans call for its completion by November. Contractors will be submitting bids on two options. One option is to construct one lane while retaining east bound traffic in the other lane. The second option is a two phase approach. The street will be initially closed from Fulton Street to just west of Jefferson Street and that portion will be completely reconstructed. The balance of the project will then be reconstructed from Jefferson Street to Harrison Street. The lower cost option will likely be used.

The Small City Program of ODOT will provide 80% of the eligible construction costs while the City is responsible for the remaining 20% local share. The local share must be provided from a non-federal funding source. The estimated total cost of the project as bid is slightly more than $2,000,000. ODOT will provide $1,471,000.

back to top