On Saturday the sound of helicopters filled the air over Marblehead.
It is not an unusual sound in February, as many times over the past decades there have been rescues of stranded ice fishermen. This time, fortunately, it was not a rescue, but a drill.
The Coast Guard and more than 20 other agencies held the rescue exercise of the simulated crash of a commuter plane to test and coordinate the emergency response and communication among federal, state and local agencies.
- Marblehead Peninsula Chamber donates back to the community
- Madyson Ritz named Sight Princess at Lions Perch Festival
- Ohio’s Navy serves at Marblehead Lighthouse
- Marblehead Lite Bed and Breakfast featured at Marblehead Bank
- Ferguson Gallery holds open house to celebrate new Ferguson-Fenton Artistic Bead